Published on July 13th, 2014 | by admin0
Castle Bromwich Lions 25th Anniversary
Castle Bromwich Lions have spent the last 25 years assisting countess individuals and organisations locally, nationally and internationally. Part of Lions Clubs International, the world’s largest service organisation, Castle Bromwich Lions are known for helping the young, elderly and disabled, caring for the environment, feeding the hungry, humanitarian service and health initiatives.
Throughout the years, thousands of children have enjoyed the Lions Santa sleigh with deaf children in particular benefiting from Santa’s ability to sign, whilst older members of the community will remember their fund raising casinos.
5 Things You May Not Know About Castle Bromwich Lions
- The use of the white cane as a means of assisting the mobility of the blind was introduced by Lions Clubs in America.
- Every penny raised goes to the cause, Lions members pay all the admin costs.
- Lions work with schools to ensure that young people have the life skills needed for positive and rewarding lives.
- Lions introduced the Message in a Bottle scheme which enables emergencies services to access medical and contact information when attending emergency calls to the home.
- For the past two years Lions Clubs in the UK have worked in partnership with Marie Curie for the Great Daffodil Appeal. Last year, the 300 Lions Clubs that organised collections in total provided over 8,800 hours of free nursing care for terminally ill people in their area.
To find out more about Castle Bromwich Lions visit their website.