Published on May 8th, 2015 | by Bill Dargue0
Chairman’s Gift to Bellringers
The project to restore the bells of St Mary & St Margaret’s Church was given a boost at the Annual General Meeting of Castle Bromwich Parish Council held at Arden Hall. Set up in 1894, the Parish Council has always been keen to support local community organisations. At the end of his year in office, the retiring Chair, Councillor Hayes distributed moneys raised at charity events during the year to local choirs, theatre groups and uniformed organisations who were presented with cheques from the Chairman’s Charity Fund. The Castle Bromwich bellringers were represented by Stuart Stanton, Chair of the Bell Restoration Trust.